NEW PATIENT EVALUATION
NEW PATIENT EVALUATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE FUTURE CARE. WE TRY OUR BEST TO MAKE THIS DETERMINATION DURING YOUR FIRST PHONE CALL BUT AT TIMES CERTAIN INFORMATION IS NOT RELAYED TO THE INTAKE COORDINATOR.
IN THE EVENT YOU ARE NOT A GOOD FIT TO BE A PATIENT OF THIS PRACTICE WE WILL EXPLAIN THE REASON/REASONS, BUT YOU ARE STILL RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT.
1. Refills will not be provided when the office is closed,/outside office hours or weekends and holidays. During these hours, patients must call their PCP or go to the emergency room to avoid medication discontinuation and withdrawal effects.
2. Patients are responsible for knowing when medications will need to be refilled and the required method is to ask the provider during scheduled office visits.
3. Same day or walk-in refill requests will not be honored unless patients have an appointment scheduled with their provider. Providers need to be able to have access to patient's charts in order to safely prescribe.
4. If a patient has not been evaluated in 3 months, a follow up visit will be required to verify medication needs. If the patient is overdue for a visit, the provider may issue no more than a 14 day supply of his/her medication to last until the scheduled appointment. This courtesy is at the discretion of the provider and does not apply to controlled substances.
5. There are strict guidelines for controlled substances including medications for ADHD and anxiety. These will not be called for refills. The patient must be seen in the office even if prescription was lost or expired. The patient must be seen in the office to obtain a written prescription.
In the event of an urgent situation or an emergency and your provider is not available to return your call, please don't wait for a phone call back. Call 911 or go to your nearest Emergency Room.
You may also call the national Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 .
If you are a patient who requires frequent crisis management, or has a history of requiring this, you may be better served by a more comprehensive service agency that can better address these ongoing issues. In the event that you are a patient of this practice, we will discuss the issue with you and provide some referrals so you can be better served according to your level of care.
Provider Absence/Weather Emergencies
In the event your provider will be absent for your appointment, the office will notify the patient and arrangements will be made in regards to any treatment or medication refills. In the these arrangements require another provider to provide covering services, that provider or office staff will have access to your confidential medical or mental health information during this time.
Email Contact/Text Messages
Email is not an appropriate way to handle confidential information or emergencies. There will be no electronic communication between patients and providers. Text messages are for appointment reminders only. Patients requiring to change the day of their appointments due to an emergency or work conflict will need to call the office directly to see if their request can be accommodated.
Limitation of Services
These services are not provided in this practice:
- Custody evaluations, parental assessments for use in determining custody or visitation.
- Forensic evaluations for legal services.
- Court appearances
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Disability Evaluations, including Short Term Disability and determining leave of absences from work.
It's up to the discretion of our providers to determine if those services will be provided.
Cancellations, Missed Appointments, and/or No-Shows
If you cannot attend your appointment you must notify the office at least 24 hours in advance to avoid being charged a $100 cancellation fee. This fee needs to be paid prior to rescheduling your appointment.
Medication refill requests may not be honored if the patient has missed or cancelled one or more appointments.